A student’s placement in specific classes is for their safety. We know that each student progresses at their own pace and as such, class placements are made with the ability of the individual in mind. As professionals, we know what is best for each student and we ask that parents/guardians respect our judgment.
Pick Up & Drop Off
The studio opens 15 mins prior to the first class of the day, and closes at the end of the last class each day.
- Students are not to arrive earlier than 15 mins prior to their class time.
- Students are to be picked up immediately after their class is finished, unless other arrangements with the instructor have been made.
- If pick up is more than 10 minutes after the last class of the day, your account will be charged $1.00 per minute to pay for the instructor or Director to stay and supervise your child. This charge will be added to your bill.
Our dance year is a full year curriculum that builds on itself and prepares the dancer for the next level. We strongly encourage families to complete the year before pulling a dancer out of a program. Choreography formations depend on the number of dancers consistently present in class. If a dancer doesn’t finish the year, the entire class feels a loss and time will be wasted re-working sections of the dance, rather than working to perfect details. It is also very good for students to learn to finish commitments well, before moving on.
Students are able to make up for missed class(es) provided the make-up class is within their skill level. However, when we are within 30 days of a studio production, there will be no make-ups allowed. Please note that we do not refund tuition due to missed classes.
Holidays and Closures
The only holidays and closures the Dance Center observes are:
- Thanksgiving (closed)
- Tillamook School District's Winter break (closed)
- Spring break (closed)
- Memorial Day (closed)
- 4th of July (closed)
- End of July through beginning of Sept (closed)
- Labor Day week (closed)
(ask us about purchasing dancewear items through the studio)
Our dress code will be strictly enforced, students that do not come to class dressed appropriately (including hair back as addressed below) may be asked to sit out.
Ballet: black leotard, pink tights, skirt (in appropriate class color), pink leather or canvas ballet slippers, hair in bun
Jazz: solid color leotard or t-shirt/tank top, any color tights or leggings, black jazz shoes, hair in ponytail or bun
Tap: solid color leotard or t-shirt/tank top, any color tights or leggings, black tap shoes, hair in ponytail or bun
Contemporary: solid color leotard, pink/tan tights, dance shorts or leggings, foot thongs or ballet slippers, hair in ponytail or bun
Hip Hop: comfortable loose fitting clothing (e.g. leggings, sweatpants, appropriate length shorts, t-shirt, tank top), dance sneakers, hair in ponytail or bun. Absolutely no denim or skirts.
Tumbling: comfortable loose fitting clothing (e.g. leggings, appropriate length shorts, t-shirt, tank top), hair in ponytail or bun. Absolutely no denim or skirts.
Dance shoes must fit the student in the present time, not to be used for “growing into”. Pointe shoes must be fitted with the studio Director present.
Studio Behavior Guidelines
We strive to provide an encouraging and safe learning environment for our students. The following behaviors will not be permitted from any visitor or student.
- Disrespectful or disruptive behavior on the premises: including (but not limited to) running, horseplay, vandalism, fighting verbally or physically, gum chewing, loud or disruptive conversations, and smoking.
- Negative conversation about oneself, an instructor, or another student. We don't put down ourselves or each other.
- Bullying of any kind: any intentional action that makes another individual feel belittled, left out, or unsafe.
- Any comparison of abilities: no two students are the same, and those differences are to be appreciated, not critiqued.
- No whispering/talking in class. Whispering/talking is distracting to the student, the other students around you, and to the instructor. If it is too important to wait it can be shared with the whole class.
- Leaving garbage on the floors or furniture: we are fortunate to have a large seating area in the lobby as well as multiple dressing rooms. We need your help to keep these areas clean; there are multiple garbage cans available for trash disposal.
- A loud lobby: a high level of noise in the lobby makes it difficult for the students to concentrate and hear the instructor.
Every student is to enter class with a desire to learn and to grow. Any behavior that is contrary to that will not be accepted. If you have a concern with a student, instructor, or parent it should be brought to Miss Lisa first to be addressed.
"Pleasant environment and first class instruction!!"
© Copyright Oregon Coast Dance Center