Studio Behavior Guidelines
*these are our general policies, please refer to our annual handbook for more details*
We strive to provide an encouraging and safe learning environment for our students. The following behaviors will not be permitted from any visitor or student.
- Disrespectful or disruptive behavior on the premises: including (but not limited to) running, horseplay, vandalism, fighting verbally or physically, gum chewing, loud or disruptive conversations, and smoking.
- Negative conversation about oneself, an instructor, or another student. We don't put down ourselves or each other.
- Bullying of any kind: any intentional action that makes another individual feel belittled, left out, or unsafe.
- Any comparison of abilities: no two students are the same, and those differences are to be appreciated, not critiqued.
- No whispering/talking in class. Whispering/talking is distracting to the student, the other students around you, and to the instructor. If it is too important to wait it can be shared with the whole class.
- Leaving garbage on the floors or furniture: we are fortunate to have a large seating area in the lobby as well as multiple dressing rooms. We need your help to keep these areas clean; there are multiple garbage cans available for trash disposal.
- A loud lobby: a high level of noise in the lobby makes it difficult for the students to concentrate and hear the instructor.
Every student is to enter class with a desire to learn and to grow. Any behavior that is contrary to that will not be accepted. If you have a concern with a student, instructor, or parent it should be brought to Miss Lisa first to be addressed.
© Copyright Oregon Coast Dance Center